linuxcaffe is..

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 12 04:11:06 UTC 2005

[sound of trumpets peal from distant hills, the villagers look on with
astonishment]

OPEN !!!

whaaa ?? like .. OPEN ? YES !!

(and they said it would never happen)

1000 thanks to Leah R. M. Cunningham and Joseph Kubik for spending
countless hours wrestling our quasi-obsolete hardware into submission,
making the network ping, the WiFi zing and the cash register bing ! I
couldn'ta done it withoutcha ! xxxx oooo !

So now there's a bricks-and-mortar location, in Toronto, running all
Open Source  software,  burning distros and generally rocking the  free
code  revolution. As I write this a gaggle of geeks are broadcasting
live web radio, whooting and munching bananutella paninis.

YOU ARE ALL INVITED !!
326 Harbord
(no, there's no sign yet, but it's right on the N/E corner and the
numbers are clear)
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=harbord+and+grace+toronto&spn=0.007767,0.014080&hl=en
416-534-2116
Monday to Thursday 7am to 7pm
Friday 7am to 11pm
Saturday 10 am to 11pm
and Sunday 10am till 5pm

The espresso's hot and the air conditioning's cool
c'mon down !

The adventure has only begun and there's still a lot of work to do;

website
wifi enhancement
user management
pixleboard control
graphics design
and more !

For many of the folks wandering through the door, this will be the first
time they have seen (or heard of) linux. It's important (for me, anyway)
that it's a good first impression. I'm counting on YOU (the linux
community) join in the fun and to help me get this thing firing on all
cylinders.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed time and/or hardware (Robert
Brockway, Austin, Alain Maisoneuve, James Walker, Bill Tannis, Iain
Calder, Emma Jane Hogbin, Paul DiRezze, Simon P Ditner, Leah Honeywell,
if I've forgotten to list you, sorry, I'm sleep deprived)

I'm looking forward to meeting many of you list-mates face-to-face,
djp