x86-64 box

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 9 15:35:14 UTC 2005

Hello Clifford,

I run 2 x86-64 (AMD300+) servers (at home and also at a small
business), and I honestly have zero complaints about it. In fact, I also
use gentoo linux! The general concensus for Gentoo, it seems, is quite
negative. I feel that if used properly it can be quite useful and
time-saving.

One word of warning however - the amd-64 is a great chip, but is not
useful if you rely on commercial binary packages, such as macromedia
flash. After some customization, most of these hurdles can be overcome.

~/Chris