x86-64 box

Lance F. Squire lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 8 14:15:08 UTC 2005

JM wrote:
> hi,
>
> 	we will be buying a 64-bit box, i was wondering if i need to recompile my
> kernel for this?
>
> tia,

The Real answer is:

No, you don't Need to. However it will be faster if you do, and if you
plan to run any 64-bit compiled programs.

Besides the previously mentioned 64-bit distrubutions, theres also
FC3-64 (Fedora Core), I currently using that, and I think Mandriva also
has a 64-bit version. Woulden't be supprised if Suse had one too.

Lance F. Squire