Linux + Firefox + CJK chars

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 4 05:52:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:36:32PM -0400, William Park wrote
> Is there anyone here who is
>     - running Linux, Firefox, and
>     - can see Chinese/Japanese/Korean chars on webpages?

  Me.  My /usr/share/fonts/100dpi dir has almost 1900 files.  How is
yours?  Googling on the search term...
+"korean font" +noarch
...gives me "about 930 English pages".  I don't know what distro you're
using, but you should find something there that you can install.

  If all else fails, I can make a tgz of my /usr/share/fonts directory
and email it to you.  Isn't it nice to use an OS where that's legal?

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca