Linux + Firefox + CJK chars

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 3 20:49:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 04:01:17PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:37:55PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> > No need. :-)  I'm trying to dig out how Slackware is different from all
> > the rest.  It's not looking good. :-(
>
> The slackware developer is a slacker and expects you to do the hard work
> yourself? :)
>
> Isn't that why it's called slackware?
>
> Slackware does at least seem to be a DIY distribution where you don't
> expect everything to just work out of the "box".

Thing is, Slackware comes with Netscape-7.1.  And, (you guessed it),
it works.  It picks up 3 Korean fonts (-daewoo-*) which are included in
official XFree86 or Xorg release.  But, not Firefox that I download.

My guess is that if I compile Firefox from source, it would work. :-)
Damn it...

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada