non-English fonts in Firefox

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 2 21:46:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:15:34PM +0300, Peter wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, William Park wrote:
> >I have standard Slackware, which comes with only fonts from XFree86 or
> >Xorg.  It comes with Korean 16pt and 24pt fonts (*-daewoo-*).  How come
> >Netscape-7.1 picks it up, but not Firefox?
>
> I don't know. Did you try View->Character Encoding->Auto
> Detect->Korean ?

Of course.

> Also maybe there is an issue with your document. Try to visit some
> Korean pages and see what happens. E.g. LG: http://www.lg.co.kr/korean/
> which renders fine here, Tools->Page Info says Encoding = EUC-KR. Keep
> in mind that there are four different encodings for Korean. ff comes
> with its own font packages afaik, but I do not remember to have
> downloaded any extra fonts. And the daewoo fonts are not the ones used
> by ff.

When visiting http://www.lg.co.kr/, Konqueror works okey.

Do you know how I can "register" fonts for
    Edit | Preferences | Fonts&Colors | Western |
	{serif | sans-serif | monospace}
?

When I click 'Western', I'm given the same 15 options for 'serif',
'sans-serif', and 'monospace' fonts.  If I wanted to use different
fonts, how do I go about it?  Perhaps, approaching from that direction
may produce the desired result.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada