Linux friendly hardware guy?

Jose A. Dias jad-V3Qe//ktpHnR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 31 17:22:10 UTC 2005

Don't forget to check the power supply. Any time Windoze works and a
real OS does not then you have:

1) memory problems
2) power problems
3) bad karma (:-)

If the disk checks out, check the memory first, over a couple of days
and if it complains, then check the power supply, and if that is
correctable, then run the memory again...

The power supply could "take the memory down" (i.e. short parts of it)
but you could be lucky and just have a sub-standard +5V.

Do you use an inline UPS? Any lightning recently?

--
Jose Antonio Dias
Jose.Dias-V3Qe//ktpHnR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
www.diaslan.net