openoffice / other broken packages in sid

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 29 17:12:57 UTC 2005

On 7/29/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> This is also one of the reasons they call it 'unstable'.  It is where
> transitions occour, and right now we have got a number of them at the
> same time.  It is perfectly normal, and should hopefully be under
> control in the next week or two.

Whew! That is a relief actually - I just replaced a dead hard drive on
this laptop, and am performing a re-install (formerly Ubuntu, now
Debian unstable) and thought maybe I had misconfigured or was missing
something.

After a 'apt-get update' today, while openoffice and gnome are still
broken installs, the Gimp *is* now installable - so I will just keep
checking back for the others. Thanks.