Slow response to SSH from within network?

Ansar Mohammed ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 28 16:33:22 UTC 2005

The DNS is really to avoid using hosts files. As long as the sshd process can
properly resolve your name-ip, you should be in business.

I used both host entries and DNS. I found that the best response was with the
DNS properly configured.

The other thing to note is that most DSL routers have *really* bad DNS
services.

I always turn off DNS proxy in any DSL/cable modem and use either the ISP or
an internal DNS.