Draft installfest flyer

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 28 01:44:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Colin McGregor wrote:

> What follows is a quick draft of the text for a
> possible installfest flyer. Comments? Concerns?

Looks good.  I was just thinking "better put in a disclaimer against data
loss" when I saw you already had.

Rob

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Free Linux Installfest
>
> Ever wanted to play with Linux but had problems
> getting it installed? Well, Centennial College and
> volunteers from the Greater Toronto Linux User Group
> want to help.
>
> Distributions we'll be installing include Debian,
> Fedora and Mandrake but others will be available.
>
> Memberships to the GTALug will be available for sale
> ($20), as well we will be selling some Linux
> distributions on CD ($10 for a set) and we may have a
> few other small goodies for sale.
>
> Otherwise, the Installfest is FREE for everyone.
>
> When: Saturday August 27th, 2005
> Where: Room 418, 755 Morningside Avenue (the
> Centennial HP Science and Technology Centre).
> Time: 9:30am to 2:00pm
>
> If you'd like to register, please email:
> register-+7+y8uhm9Opg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
> If you'd like to come and help out, please email:
> volunteer-+7+y8uhm9Opg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
>
> We'd also love to know the following in advance:
> * How new is your hardware (especially video cards and
> SATA)?
> * What previous experience you may have had with
> Linux.
> * Do you have a preferred distribution you'd like
> installed?
>
> Before you come to the Installfest, please
>
> * Defrag your hard drive and set aside at least 3GB.
> * You can create your own partitions or resize
> preexisting ones if you know what you're doing;
> otherwise we can do it for you.
> * Back up all important data on your computer in case
> something does go wrong. Centennial College and GTAlug
> will not accept any responsibility for accidental data
> loss.
> * If you have some spare time, search the web for
> Linux compatibility information for your hardware. It
> may save us a lot of time and pain if we know of your
> computer has some special requirements beforehand.
>
> Please remember to bring in:
>
> * Power cables and hardware manuals.
> * Some CRT Monitors, PS/2 mice and keyboards will be
> available. If your computer uses LCD or USB
> peripherals, you may want to bring them in.
> * Money if you wish to join GTAlug or purchase Linux
> CDs (the later subject to availability).

Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:	support-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.	Web:	www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x7x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.