Redhat 9 -- where is "download"?

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 26 15:29:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:21:23AM -0400, William Park wrote:
> I'm totally clueless regarding Redhat 9.  I need to find version numbers
> for kernel and some other programs in Redhat 9.  I may need to actually
> download some of them, to see how they were configured.  But, main issue
> right now is version numbers (kernel, in particular).

Stock kernel for RedHat 9 is
Linux version 2.4.20-8 (bhcompile-uWM25sDr5Q6xN5x57xiSHB/sF2h8X+2i0E9HWUfgJXw at public.gmane.org) (gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)) #1 Thu Mar 13 16:42:56 EST 2003

I just installed a RH9 as an NFS server.

I believe RH7 and RH8 are no longer supported. updates for RH9 can be found at updates.redhat.com last time I looked (which admittedly was last year at this point).