Stumbled upon the Linux Distribution Chooser

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 25 15:25:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 09:22:42PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   It recommended Gentoo or Slackware for me.  Seeing as how I'm using
> Gentoo, *AND I'M HAPPY WITH IT*, the recommendation algorithm looks
> good.  In the feedback section, I suggested that the KDE/GNOME question
> be expanded to include "Lightweight WM like blackbox/fluxbox/fvwm".

It seems that your choice in the package management format certainly
dictates a lot which it will recomend.  Given most people tend to prefer
what they have right now for each question, it makes sense to have it
recomend what you already use (unless your choice isn't in their
database yet).

Probably more useful to someone that isn't already a user.

Lennart Sorensen