How do I gracefully exit/shutdown a "remote" machine?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 21 18:30:48 UTC 2005

On July 21, 2005 07:05, Peter wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> > I disable remote root access on all my machines. How about
> > disallowing password auth completely and only allowing key based
> > auth? The drawback of that is if I have to ssh into one of my
> > machines from a machine which does not have my private key, I
> > would have to upload my private key there first, which I do not
> > like doing even though it is protected with a strong passphrase.
>
> Get a disk on key and put putty and ssh statically compiled on it,
> along with your keys and minimal tools to use them.

I already have that but it does not help when I have to ssh from a
remote host to another remote host. How would I plug in this disk on
key to a machine in say, Germany, when I am in Toronto so that the
machine in Germany could access my private RSA key on the disk on
key? Perhaps I could do some sort of remote mount to avoid having to
copy my private key onto the remote server.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation