kernel: Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 20 21:17:44 UTC 2005

   I am getting the above message from dmesg and /var/log/messages, over and over again.  I have just installed Fedora Core 3.  My DVD RW drive and my SCSI CD burner mount and unmount okay.  I have mounted and mounted two floppy drives, a USB stick, the CF card from my digital camera, and my digital camera itself.  I am not 100% certain about the camera.  I did see some errors on the CF card, which went away after I ran fsck.vfat on it.

   I am actually trying to figure out why my sound card has stopped working, and I suspect the message has something to do with it.  How do I figure out what is doing this?

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org