Any good books/courses on GIMP

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 19 01:39:43 UTC 2005

This is a topic that I too have been interested in since having
recently bought a digital camera.

I have taken some random notes, and one thing which I will insist any
enthusiast look into are the many digital camera-related websites out
there.  There are a number of "tutorials" on some startlingly specific
topics which I've skimmed and benefitted from greatly.

My notes:
http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/Digital_cameras
http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/Digital_editing

Some tutorial suggestions:
http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/
http://computer-darkroom.com/home.htm

Please be wary.. indeed there are many outdated tutorials.  I have
been baffled at the differences between the examples I read and the
version of the gimp which I'm using.  However, learning the principles
from an old tutorial is still very useful.

And for those who are interested, here are some pictures i've taken:
http://jrandomhacker.info/mw/index.php/Sy%27s_pics

Note that MediaWiki 1.5 now includes picture metadata, so you can view
all the cool info which is embedded into your pictures automatically
by your camera.

An interesting thing to have learned is that editing pictures with the
gimp doesn't damage that metadata.