Need an ISP in TO

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 18 23:56:36 UTC 2005

On 7/7/05, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Howard Gibson wrote:

> A friend of mine is on Primus.  Lot's of "fun".  Currently she has a
> problem, where she's occasionally disconnected and has to restart the
> connection.  It doesn't matter if she connects directly to the computer
> or goes through a router.  Also, the smtp server seems a tad slow.

I'm having a similar problem.  Sympatico was quite helpful throughout
my bunch of phonecalls.  We did the standard braindead troubleshooting
stuff, but chatting with a level 2 tech we ended up confirming that I
must have a dirty line which has recently gotten dirtier, forcing
disconnections.  It also appears that I've had a dirty line all along,
giving me under a 500 kbit connection, as opposed to the 3Mbit I ought
to have.

Now of course, calling Bell Telephone regarding the dirty line means
that I'll have a repair person sent out on the 18th of next month.

Mind you, I signed up for their wiring care plan, so I won't be
further raped by their service charges if they find out that it's my
inside wiring, which it may well be.

I also bought a new phone, and can still hear pops and clicks during
times of poor connectivity.