Any good books/courses on GIMP

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 16 05:26:51 UTC 2005

  Having just gotten a digital camera 3 weeks ago, I've started playing
around with GIMP, and realized how complex it is.  Is there a book or
even a training course that someone can recommend?

  While I'm at it, where in GIMP does one change default display
settings?  My camera maxes out at 2560 x 1920.  I've set up a custom
modeline for a 1344 x 1152 display, which just barely contains fbpanel
at the bottom, and GIMP with the image reduced to 50%.  But GIMP insists
on coming up with a 33% view.  It's inconvenient to reset to 50% each
image.

  And I guess that I can forget about an LCD monitor until such time as
20" 1600 x 1200 displays become affordable.  1280 x 1024 simply won't
cut it.

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca