TLUG's value to community ???

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 11 13:14:43 UTC 2005

I'm involved in a number of 'volunteer' groups. The common thread is
that a small number of people, usually persons who you would think are
the least likely candidates to run things...they do all the work while
all the 'important' peacocks strut around and complain but will never
lift a finger to do anything. I'm often approached by companies wanting
to give presentations or use our resources. When I ask for a measly
$35.00 check as an annual donation I generally never hear from them
again. I have expenses to pay but I happily pay them to ensure the
organization follows the direction I want.
RickT
http://www.TorontoNUI.ca