TLUG's value to community ???

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 11 00:58:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Henry Spencer wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, William Park wrote:
>>> ...a standard tactic of people trying to cover
>>> something up is to exaggerate what questioners are asking for, so it can
>>> be rejected as obviously ridiculous.
>>
>> But, GTATLUG hasn't done anything, and so there is nothing to report.
>> The only expense that I've seen is related to the April trade show.
>> This has been repeated so many time.  What kind of report do you want?
>
> Where did I ask for a report?  What people have mostly been asking for is
> *information*, not documents.

     Some documents are needed, and should be accessible on the
     website. These are the Letters Patent (or other documents of
     incorporation), the By-Laws, and a list of the Board of Directors
     and officers of the corporation.

     No one should give anyone any membership fees until this is done,
     and we know exactly what the situation is.

     I'm all in favour of a legitimate structure for the GTALUG, but it
     must be done above board. The $20 membership fee is little more
     than a token amount, and I doubt that many will balk at paying it
     -- so long as we know what is going on.

--
     Chris F.A. Johnson                     <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>