TLUG's value to community ???

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 10 22:59:26 UTC 2005

> > Who owns the web server?  Drew.
> > Who owns the mail server?  Drew.
> > Who controls the (rather complex) configuration of the mail server?  Drew.
>
> Just curious, what is so complex about the configuration of the mail server
> and why?

 The why : Drew wrote the procmail filters over the last ten years. Those filters aren't unique to TLUG. I also suspect that there were others involved in the creation of the mess, but have never bothered to ask if this was a group effort or not.
 The what : More than 95% of the tlug inbound messages are spam that are filtered out by the magic of procmail.

I'm not convinced that its an impossible task, but no one wants to try to untangle the mess at the moment.

Bill