TLUG's value to community ???

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 10 21:02:59 UTC 2005

Henry,

GTALUG isn't bent on empire. It isn't bent on anything. GTALUG is the corporation created by the people that have run TLUG for the last 7 years or so, for the purpose of running TLUG. GTALUG isn't a separate entity, it is the TLUG management.

This list for 10 years has been a private charity operated by a few people, and its list members were the recipants of this charity. Those same people also ran the various monthly meetings. And those same people decided to incorporate. You can question it all you want, but its done.

Why does GTALUG believe we represent this list is simple. We run this list. We have been running this list for a little over a decade now.

The incorporation isn't about money. It is about consolidating the groups efforts. And by group, I mean the 10 people that run everything not the 1000 or so people that benefit from it.

Can we stop arguing over symatics. GTALUG Inc. is the people that run this list, and run the meetings. It includes, me, Herb, David, Robert, Drew, Gord, Leah, William, Joe, and Collin *. I'm certain few of these names even mean anything to most of the people on this list, but they are the ones that have been running TLUG both before and after it was incorporated.

Bill

* My apologize to anyone I missed.
** Please note that there are quite a few people that also volunteered to help this group in the past, and will do so in the future.