TLUG's value to community ???

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 10 20:55:34 UTC 2005

On 7/10/05, John Macdonald <john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> But this whole discussion is about the fact that TLUG has
> not issued a charter to GTALUG to manage this group and is
> asking to be conviced that there is value in your so doing.
> TLUG has been getting along just fine without being managed.

Sure, it has.

TLUG *is* Drew Sullivan, more than anything else that you can formally look at.

Who owns the web server?  Drew.
Who owns the mail server?  Drew.
Who controls the (rather complex) configuration of the mail server?  Drew.

I can't see convincing arguments that point at any other nexus.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)