TLUG's value to community ???

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 9 04:29:21 UTC 2005

On 08 Jul 2005 11:22:04 -0400, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > So far, there hasn't been indication of there being terribly much
> > (outside of the legal costs) that money winds up being good for.
> >
> > <rest snipped>
>
> Sounds a bit like that circular argument that I mentioned earlier ;)
>
> Chris, aren't you a (board) member of GTALUG?  Perhaps we should invite
> GTALUG to give a talk at TLUG, NewTLUG, ...
>
> It could really help clear up the confusion.

No, I'm afraid I'm "without portfolio," and there's pretty much just
formal positioned/titled folk at this point on the Board.

It seems to me that responsibility for making sure that messages get
out likely falls to the President, namely Drew.  Bill Thamer has been
working eminently hard on such things; I think he needs some help from
on the executive to spread appropriate word.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)