TLUG's value to community ???

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 8 20:47:38 UTC 2005

psema4 <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> > I represent TLUG all of the time.  I am not a member of GTALUG.
>
> Just want to clarify this point:  GTALUG _is_ TLUG.  More precisely,
> was formerly known as TLUG.

Which is precisely the problem Matt has been pointing out. He (and others)
have been "representing" TLUG in various ways for a long time primarily
through volunteer activities. For example, he coordinated speakers for a
couple of years. Yet he's not formally a member of GTALUG and neither is he
fully informed about its purpose and activities. He suggested GTALUG (or
rather its executive) make a presentation at an upcoming TLUG meeting to let
everybody know what the heck they're up to. That seems pretty reasonable to
me.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada