Need an ISP in TO

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 8 02:11:58 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:57:42 -0400
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 12:00:44PM -0400, Clive DaSilva wrote:
> > Just wondering, are this bunch Linux friendly?,  because the parent
> > Primus isn't really
>
> I'm with Eol.ca, which is now owned by Primus.ca.  I rarely have problem
> with the lines, so I rarely talk to their tech support.

   I have.  They are not actively hostile to Linux, but they are no help either.  My problem was that I used xisp to connect throught the phones, and it stopped working.  Switching from a straight login to CHAP fixed everything, but I had to figure that out on my own.

   Obviously, they reconfigured something, but they either did not know this or would not admit it.

   A year or two ago, I had another interesting chat over the phone with them.

   "Why can't I connected to the internet?"

   "You have a comma in your password."

   "How the $%^$!! do you know that?"

   I think they have some system of letting you login to *NIX and to Windows servers using the same account and password.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org