Samba Problems

Adam Raymond streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 7 16:08:52 UTC 2005

I've searched for many solutions to my problem. Including reading many
posts in this specific forum. Ive gotten pretty far, but not as far as
I wanted.

All I want is to turn my Linux box into a file server. And so far I
can see the box on windows network, but when i click on it, it says i
do not have enough permissions. However, when I go through IE
"\\server-ip" I can then enter the user/pass set from smbpasswd -a
adam. I have no idea how to fix this. :S

smb.conf

[global]
workgroup = HOME
[Lappy]