TLUG's value to community ???

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 6 18:37:21 UTC 2005

mgjk-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org writes:
> > What is GTALUG's value to community?  What service do we provide?  What
> > do "our community" get from us?
>
> TLUG is a users group of hobbysts and professionals.  People show up
> because they like what the other people showing up are doing.
>
> The community is the service.
> Right?

Wrong.

William, I believe, is referring to the incorped GTALUG Inc. that has been
going around and collecting membership fees from people at TLUG and NewTLUG
and Linux World but have yet to say publicly what the money is for, who is
running GTALUG (the biz), why they think that they represent TLUG and NewTLUG
(and now westlug [or phlug??? are they the same]) plus a bunch of other
questions.

In fact, I think that IBM has asked them to stop the membership drive at the
IBM meeting location for NewTLUG until such information comes forth.

Hope this clarifies the question.  It probably raises many more, though ;)

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20