Hardware Issues?

Adam Raymond streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 6 16:23:40 UTC 2005

Hello all!

I've been running two slackware boxes (headless) to the side of my
desk. One is a p2 with 333mhz, the other is a p3 with 600 mhz. The
better box (600mhz) has always given my problems. It shuts down
randomly. I ave frequent kernel panics. So after school finished, I
decided to take a good look at the box. One error I noticed was
something to do with a rambus error. So i took out one stick of ram,
and tested the other. Vice versa. I found out that the 128 stick was
the busted one :( (I think). But the box is still active very weird. I
hates the ubuntu install, and cant even load mandrake. Slackware seems
to be the only distro it will handle.

Regardless, there is some wonky hardware in it. and I need to find out
what the problem is.

And suggestions?

Thanks!
--