Digicam peripherals?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 5 04:35:33 UTC 2005

  I'm looking for a place to buy a 1-gig SD card (doesn't anybody have
them?) and also a USB extension cable or an SD card-reader.  And my
rant-of-the-day today is about the stupid USB extension cables that are
*DAMN* bright blue, and have an extremely annoying flicker whenever
transmitting data.  The idiot who thought that up should be shot.

  The reason I want the SD card is that I just got myself a Panasonic
FZ5 (5 megapixel) digicam.  There are some tradeoffs.  There is no
"manual focus" per se.  But you can auto-focus on an object and lock the
focus to that length.  On the plus side, its uncompressed format is
tiff, not some proprietary "raw" format that can only be accessed by a
proprietary Windows program.

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca