TCP Out of Order Packets? Help!

Andrew Hammond ahammond-swQf4SbcV9C7WVzo/KQ3Mw at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 4 18:35:04 UTC 2005

You probably can't turn off auto negotiation in the switch, unless it's
a managed switch. If you turn it off auto negotiation on the card, then
you need to manually set it to 100Mbps half duplex since that's what the
auto negotiation on the switch will default to. If you set it to full
duplex then you will get a duplex miss-match and drop about 50% of your
packets.

Which, incidentally is what this sounds like. Have you gone to each box
and confirmed that it's NIC is configured to use either auto negotiation
or 100/half duplex?

- --
Andrew Hammond    416-673-4138    ahammond-swQf4SbcV9C7WVzo/KQ3Mw at public.gmane.org
CB83 2838 4B67 D40F D086 3568 81FC E7E5 27AF 4A9A