ISTOP help

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 1 16:19:53 UTC 2005

mgjk-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Hmph, Bell cut my DSL, even dropping me from a conference call on my
> analog line for a few minutes.
>
> I'm going to investigate a cell phone plan and ditching my analog line as
> a backup.  There's no point dealing with Bell anymore.  This isn't the
> first thing they've done to demonstrate that they don't care about their
> customers.
>
> Yeah I'm bitter about the DSL, and technically that might or might not be
> iStop's fault, but interfering with my analog service to do so is
> unacceptable.  They behave like a monopoly.  Bell telephone certainly
> won't be calling up Bell Nexxia (or whomever is doing DSL these days) and
> complaining about upset customers on my behalf.
>
> They don't seem to abide by the spirit nor the letter of the CRTC's
> regulations.

Anyone remember Lily Tomlin's "Ernestine the Telephone Operator"

 "Mr. Veedle, you owe us a balance of $23.64. When may we expect
payment? Pardon? When what freezes over? I don't see why you're kicking
up such a ruckus when according to our files your present bank balance,
plus stocks, securities, and other holdings, amounts to exactly ...
Pardon? Privileged information? Oh! (snort, snort) Mr. Veedle, that's so
cute! No, no, no, you're dealing with the telephone company. We are not
subject to city, state, or federal legislation. We are omnipotent."

;-)