Another senseless Linux-related injury...

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 30 19:59:53 UTC 2005

I've got slightly less than chronic CTS type pains.
I've had knee trouble off and on my whole life. I DO NOT RECOMMEND
surgery. 2 Years later and my knee is about where it was 1 year before
surgery.

For my wrist, the mouse is what hurts worst... Just don't use the
mouse, mice are BAD.
For the keyboard, it is key that your workstation is truly setup well.
Your feet should be comfortable (not hanging and not bent funny),
dictating chair height. Set your Keyboard so that it is declined away
from you slightly, you want your wrists to be straight not up & not
down. Then set your display(s) so that your back and neck are straight
when you look at the screen.

As far as anti-inflammatorys go: Aspirin and codeine mask the problem.
Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory and actually helps the problem. My
father had Tennis elbow from work, and the cure was an injection of
some sort of Mega anti-inflammatory which cured him for at least 1
year.
-Joseph-