Fedora dual boot

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 30 02:37:01 UTC 2005

> One more question that i'm concerned of, The problem is, if I'm not
> comfortable on having Linux on my system, how do I remove the shared
> partition (the FAT32 partition) and the GRUB boot loader that goes
> with it? How do I restore my system back to it's original state after
> removing Linux off my system?

The easiest way is to boot from your Win XP CD, follow the directions to
get into Repair and at the prompt type FIXMBR and then type yes when
asked if you want to continue. You seem to be really concerned with the
FAT 32 partition, so in your case I would pit it in the Linux drive.
That way you would have the option of leaving the slave in the machine
and reformatting it as an extended partition of the master drive.

John