Fedora dual boot

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 29 15:12:59 UTC 2005

> One more question that i'm concerned of, The problem is, if I'm not
> comfortable on having Linux on my system, how do I remove the shared
> partition (the FAT32 partition) and the GRUB boot loader that goes
> with it? How do I restore my system back to it's original state after
> removing Linux off my system?

Its easy enough to convert FAT 32 to NTFS from Win XP and this site has
a very good how to:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php
You can restore the MBR using the restore utility on the Fedora install
disk or by booting from the Win XP CD and at the command line typing
FDISK/MBR. Most often it works quite well, but you would be wise to back
up your critical data first before attempting this (it is your first try
afterall).

John