Shared Memory

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 28 22:34:28 UTC 2005

Hi
I think one important consideration with the SATA drives is the fact that
even tho the bus speed is higher, the total throughput of the drive remains
the same as an ATA drive. Unless there has been big changes in drive seek
times and such, I don't there there any advantage throughput wise in getting
SATA.
Martin

 > SATA is the replacement of Ultra ATA and is faster,
 >
 > SATA 150MB/sec  and Ultra ATA 133 MB/sec
 >
 > The following link is a good overview.
 >
 > http://www.serialata.org/technicaloverview.asp

That is a great link! Thanks for that.

--