Shared Memory

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 28 19:06:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:45:32 -0500, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
> > 2) They are supposed to consume much less power than an IDE drive.
> > This is always a good thing.
> >

> Assuming the same physical drive, why would SATA use much less power
> than IDE?

Good point. Someone had told me that... (last time I believe anyone
without finding out for myself!)... The power requirements look very
similar. Here's links to Seagate Ultra ATA and Serial ATA
respectively:

http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/personal/family/0,1085,613,00.html

http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/personal/family/0,1085,599,00.html

Sorry for the misinformation... You'd think I worked for the government! :-)

--
Mozilla Firefox -rediscover the web-