Lock down sendmail?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 28 17:31:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 02:55:13PM +0000, Robert Brockway wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, William O'Higgins wrote:
>
>This M4 directive will cause sendmail to only bind to localhost:
>
>DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>
>Put this in the .mc and rebuild the .cf.  Remember to always manage the
>.cf from the .mc.  If this is the first time you are generating a .cf then
>watchout that the last admin did not edit the .cf directly (resulting in
>your new .cf missing important features or settings).

Thanks for the help and the advice, but this directive a) was already
enabled, and b) doesn't stop sendmail from sending email out, which is
what I want.  Basically, this is what I'm hoping for:

ACCEPT: local mail only
SEND:	local mail only

Also, is there a simple way to have sshd drop requests from selected
IPs?  This box has been up two days and it is already on some script
kiddie's hit list.  Thanks.
--

yours,

William