Lock down sendmail?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 28 13:28:55 UTC 2005

I have just discovered that I am root on a machine running sendmail,
and it is in a standard configuration - i.e. it can send mail to the
Internet.  I don't want to be responsible to keeping sendmail safe and
secure (I already have a full-time and a part-time job).  Is there a
good, brief tutorial that will help me lock sendmail down to local
delivery only?  Thanks.

By the way, I appreciate the advice to install postfix|exim|qmail, but
that's not what I want.  If I had unrestricted (from an administrative
point of view) control over this machine this conversation wouldn't
happen.  What I don't know is how to neuter sendmail.
--

yours,

William