Emergency

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 24 19:05:51 UTC 2005

> I did this using Knoppix so the drive has not been touched yet. Is
> there a way to recover the file system?

If you did it with Knoppix and you are sure that the drive hasn't been affected
then a complete shutdown of the machine will kill Knoppix and anything that is
residing in its memory buffers.Knoppix does its permanent writes when the shutdown
sequence is initiated (if you haven't saved the changes already). "Pulling the plug"
on the machine will prevent that and in this case it should leave the original file
system intact. YMMV

John