Debian - Apache help

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 20 21:45:43 UTC 2005

I have come across a perl cgi script that i would like to view. I believe that
this means I must install Apache.

It is something that I have intended to do but never have.  I have book from
Wiley that I bought but reading the first page it is for Apache2.  I have
installed Apache 1.33 from Debian mainly because there were a lot of perl
modules.

My book suggests first to see if it is installed  by running /usr/sbin/httpd
-v.  Maybe this doesn'tapply to ver 1.32.  I have no httpd there.

Should I install Apache2, do I need anything else from the repository?  There
doesn't seem to be much,  unlike the older version.

Merv

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can