BOF presentations at LinuxWorld Canada Conference

Richard Dice rdice-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 19 22:23:30 UTC 2005

Hello everyone...

I've recently been in touch with the conference manager of LinuxWorld
Canada,

    http://www.linuxworldcanada.com/

April 18 - 20, 2005 Metro Toronto Convention Centre Toronto, Canada

She asked me to help out with organizing some of the BOF sessions --
these are slightly-less-formal sessions held after hours that you don't
have to attend the conference (or otherwise pay) to attend.  They're
basically an opportunity to open up a piece of the conference (which is
otherwise commercial and managerially-targeted) to the larger Linux
community.

I've been asked to help find people who would be interested in doing a
BOF presentation.  It hasn't yet been nailed down what the most suitable
topics would be for this kind of conference;  that's something I'll take
up with the organizers of the conference once we have a few suggestions
from people out there, to see what the best mix would be.  While the
conference isn't really a hardcore techie conference [ OLS would be best
for that :-) ] there might be some room for core technology /
development oriented BOFs.  (Probably not kernel hacking or anything
like that, though.)  I know that so far there are BOFs scheduled to demo
the latest version of Acrobat for Linux by someone from Adobe, and
someone from the core KDE team who will talk about... well, KDE no
doubt.  Durations of BOF sessions will be something like 1 to 1-1/2 hours.

If you have some interest in this then please reply personally.  I will
check the TLUG list to see if any thread grows out of this, but not with
the same rapidity that I'll check my personal email.

Cheers,
Richard