IRDA and Palm

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 19 16:39:00 UTC 2005

On January 19, 2005 08:47 pm, David Colebatch wrote:
> How did you go with this?  I'm interested, as the Treo 650 should be
> available soon here.
>
> I'm also going to try to sync my new SonyEricsson T610 via IR if possible.
>
> Regards,
>
> David
Flawless sync with kpilot, using kontact ( kmail, kaddresbook, korganizer,
knotes ) via USB on debian unstable. One note is that korganizer will not
sync properly if it is opened at the time of sync, and knotes must be running
in the system tray in order to sync.

Still no luck with IRDA. I hope to have some spare time to devote to this in
the next week or so. If I don't have any luck, I will just purchase another
USB cable to keep in my laptop bag ( $10).

I would prefer to use IRDA if anyone has any new ideas to try.

A note to mention is that the treo 600 out of the box does not support IMAP
( as I found out after the fact ;) but there are numerous programs out there
to do so.
--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"
   jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org