Where's the time?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 19 11:45:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:22:42PM -0500, Merv Curley wrote

> At some time lately the MB clock got pushed ahead 5 hrs.  Reset it
> and all is well.
>
> Never was much good at diagnostics, until someone gets me thinking
> in straight lines.

  UTC (aka GMT) is 5 hours ahead of EST.  Check whether...
  1) your BIOS is reporting UTC rather than EST
  2) your linux settings are looking for UTC rather than EST

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.