Computer books

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 16 05:21:22 UTC 2005

On 15 Jan 2005 at 16:57, Marc Evelyn wrote:

> Actually, yes to all three of those at the "World's Biggest" on Edward
> St. I was by there just last week. It's really not too bad for many of
> the "classics".
>
> Peace, Marc

But I would expect that from a flagship store. I was at Chapter's at Square One
last night (helping someone else out with finding computer books), and didn't
see any of these titles.

So I guess, there is only one bookstore in all of Ontario (outside of the
universities) that carries the classics, namely WBB. I don't consider that to
be
any kind of vindication whatsoever. In fact, I think it just emphasizes the
problem. If you live outside of Toronto, you're screwed.

But my main point isn't really about who carries the classics. It is more about
supporting the same points brought up elsewhere in this thread, that the level
of variety has suffered immensely since any meaningful competition has really
been smoked out, and the variety and intelligence level of the books has
suffered greatly since then.

Regards

Paul

Paul King            http://alimentarus.net
"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are captains
of our fate and masters of our soul" -- Unknown