Suggested IRC Server

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 13 18:06:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:50:18 -0500, Sidney <sidney-3Kd7Tu4o6f/sBN0MCq728g at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Adam Raymond wrote:
>
> >FTP, Web Server.
> >

> It seems like the fastest way to download things like that are from FTPs
> (which you have to know about) or IRC. I cant download anything at a
> decent speed outside of IRC, I found a couple bots which I get about
> 400kb/s off of

How about setting up bittorrents, with or without an RSS feed for new
additions?  (I love RSS, and it's fairly easy to setup with linux and
perl.)

My first experience with bittorrent was downloading FC2 - I don't
remember the top "cruising" speed for that download off-hand, but it
was greater than 800Kb/s.

--
- SGE