Forcing password change on new users...

Adil Kodian akodian-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 13 20:00:33 UTC 2005

I like to get my passwords by running text through a markov chain
program that uses individual characters as tokens instead of words.
This gives you quite a few random nonsense "words" that are
pronounceable, and therefore easy to remember.

well you can use the chage command to set the age of the password to 0

that way they are forced to change the password the next time they log in.

make sure the time for password expiry is not set to 0 - otherwise they will
need to change passwd everytime they log in :-)