Forcing password change on new users...

John Vetterli jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 13 19:16:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:55:06 -0500
Taavi Burns <jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I've found apg to be most helpful at work.
> """
>        Default  algorithm is pronounceable password generation
> algorithm designed
>        by Morrie Gasser and described in A Random Word Generator  For
> Pronounce-
>        able  Passwords National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
> AD-A-017676.
>        The original paper is very old and had never been put online,
> so I have to
>        use NIST implementation described in FIPS-181.
> """

I like to get my passwords by running text through a markov chain
program that uses individual characters as tokens instead of words.
This gives you quite a few random nonsense "words" that are
pronounceable, and therefore easy to remember.

JV
--
Are you a parent?  Do you sometimes find yourself unsure as to what to
say in those awkward situations?  Worry no more...

	Good children always obey.
	Quit acting so childish.
	Boys don't cry.
	If you keep making faces, someday it'll freeze that way.
	Why do you have to know so much?
	This hurts me more than it hurts you.
	Why?  Because I'm bigger than you.
	Well, you've ruined everything.  Now are you happy?
	Oh, grow up.
	I'm only doing this because I love you.