Oxford Semi 922 (oxfu922)

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 13 18:17:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:47:06 -0500, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>    I can't seem to find any info on whether the Oxford Semi 922
> (oxfu922) IDE->USB2/Firewire800 ASIC is supported in Linux. This is the
> controller used in the Storecase DataSilo DS321. If you don't know
> either way, can you recommend a place to look? I am sure there must be
> notes related to the kernel somewhere but I am not sure how to go about
> looking for this info shy of reading the release notes for each version
> which would be, to say the least, a little unwieldly.

Just as with USB mass storage devices, there is a class specification for
firewire mass storage devices (SBP, I think is what they call it in the linux
kernel).  This ASIC has a high probability of implementing this standard, as
it means they don't need to provide any drivers.  It should 'just work' with any
modern OS with a firewire port.  Perhaps you could check the ASIC documentation
to see if it does in fact implement the standard class devices.  It
probably does.
It will probably 'just work'.  :)

Probably.

--