looking for wireless b/g network router

Dan Gennidakis dgenn-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 12 16:45:58 UTC 2005

I agree. Given the number of alternative custom firmware projects out there use an open source version. I use HyperWRT personally on my Linksys router and it works great now. I had numerous issues with the factory linksys firmware and their latest revisions. Lots of MTU and DHCP issues and WPA etc. HyperWRT is working like a charm for me now. It's a good thing Linksys chose to use Linux for it's firmware that way we don't have to rely on them for support!

Dan

Tim Writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
Phillip Qin
writes:

> Calling linksys is pain in the ass. Tried chat with tech support online and
> they are not very help. Returned linksys wrt54g because my SMC wireless
> cards were unable to connect to it when WPA was enabled.

Flash it with alternative firmware, e.g. one of:

o Sveasoft
http://www.sveasoft.com

o OpenWRT
http://www.openwrt.org

and deal with the open source community for support. I use OpenWRT because
of its flexibility but you need a good working knowledge. I haven't used
Sveasoft but I've heard excellent reviews. I expect it's more user
friendly.

--
tim writer starnix inc.
647.722.5301 toronto, ontario, canada