old Mac webcams with linux on x86

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 10 16:17:48 UTC 2005

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>Those connectors are Apple Desktop Bus connectors, and yes they do have
>a keyboard passthrough since that was the bus apple used for the mouse
>and keyboard as well.
>
>Your chances of getting that to work on x86 are almost 0.  I won't rule
>out what some crazy electronics nut can accomplish though.

Thanks Lennart, now that I know what it's called, I was able to google
for an adapter.
Found one, too, but the darn thing costs more than a new webcam.

http://www.provantage.com/buy-22069534-griffin-technology-imate-usb-adb-adapter-shopping.htm

Oh well, $1.50 wasted. Maybe I'll use 'em for a goofy art installation !
djp